$65,000-$85,000 Annually Exempt
Ft Lupton, CO, or Centennial, CO
Description of Responsibilities:
Nelson Pipeline Constructors, LLC is hiring a Project Accountant for their Centennial, Fort Lupton, and CO Springs offices. The Project Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the project team regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, reports, and any other duties related to the project. The ideal candidate will have a strong project accounting background with exposure to the Construction industry. The Project Accountant reports to the Project Accounting Manager, while working directly with the Project management team.
At Nelson we provide dynamic career opportunities and mentoring for our employees. We are proud of our emphasis on fostering a strong sense of family through caring, mutual respect, and promoting a strong work / life balance. We continuously strive to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent.
- Responsible for full cycle Project Accounting from contract to close out.
- Purchase order & subcontract ledger creation.
- Expense approval and tracking to budget
- Issue project billings and drive payment collection.
- Month-end close including WIP review
- Support Project Manager with initial job buy-out.
- Create and maintain project-related records, including contracts, change orders and subcontracts.
- Monitor and ensure the integrity of project financials in the company’s accounting system.
- Perform comprehensive accounting activities in accordance with GAAP. Will include transaction processing for AP, AR, Payroll, and Job Costing.
- Perform budget vs. actual analysis on the assigned jobs to drive profitability.
- Perform reconciliations and maintain documentation related to balance sheet accounts such as cash, receivables, prepaids, fixed assets, WIP, deposits, line of credit, accruals, etc.
- Facilitate month-end close process including preparation of journal entries.
- Preparation of various tax reports including sales/use and personal property.
- Assist with quarterly overhead budget analysis and updates.
- On a monthly basis spend time with the Project Manager out on the job sites.
- Prepares documents and reports for internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience with Viewpoint or B2W software preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively in a small office environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills in working with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues accurately, in a timely manner
- Self-starter, deadline focused, team oriented, accountable, and adaptable to fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.