We’re serious about safety!
Nelson Pipeline Constructors is vitally interested in its employees’ health and safety. Protecting employees from injury or occupational disease is a primary continuing objective. Nelson Pipeline Constructors is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and productive work environment and being a responsible corporate citizen.
Creating a safe work environment
- Planning and assessment of general and job-specific hazards
- Sequencing and staging of operations
- Ensuring machinery and equipment are properly maintained and repaired
- Workers conduct activities in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures
The Power to STOP!
Every Nelson Pipeline Constructors employee possesses “stop work” authority on any job site should they believe a threat to worker’s safety exists.
The team and their immediate supervisor discuss the threat and develop a plan to complete the task safely. All must agree to the plan before work resumes.
Staying Properly Trained
Workers must receive the necessary training in their specific work tasks to protect their health and safety.
Our safety and training program includes (not limited to):
- Personal protection equipment
- On-site training
- OSHA training
- Training on each specific type of process
- Equipment training
- Excavations and trenching
- Underground hazards
- Site de-watering
The Corporate Safety Committee oversees relevant health and safety concerns for Nelson Pipeline Constructors’ employees and stakeholders. The Committee regularly reviews incidents and reports to determine the root cause and determine best practices to be applied across all operations.