Water Truck Driver
$18.00-$27.00 per hour Non-exempt
Centennial, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; Ft Lupton, CO
Description of Responsibilities:
Drive a water truck with a capacity of 3,000 gallons, to transport water to and from specified destinations. Responsible for loading trucks either from a water tower or from a designated source. Responsible for applying water to the construction area either for dust control or to help achieve compaction of construction materials. Must maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations. Responsible for daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- The ability to comprehend and follow directions.
- Interpersonal competencies include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, being dependable, and cooperation.
- Ability to drive water truck with caution on the project site. The ability not to hurt other employees or damage materials of the job site while driving.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and stand to operate and repair heavy equipment.
- Must be able to lift to 75 pounds at times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions at construction job sites.
- The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.