Description of Responsibilities:
The Controller at Nelson Pipeline Constructors, LLC will be able to interact with others throughout the Company to provide financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations. The Controller will also provide budgeting and forecasting of financial outcomes and proactively implement controls to enhance positive results.
- Maintain the integrity of the workflow processes and internal controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting of operating and financial results.
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic financial statements, operations and management reports, ad-hoc analyses, forecasts, and budgeting.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Maintain a high level of integrity over the accounting, billing, and payment processes as they relate to the organization’s financial, banking, and tax auditing procedures.
- Ensure the processing of weekly payroll and accurate withholding of benefits and taxes. Experienced with prevailing wage project requirements and payroll to ensure strict compliance.
- Prepare journal entries as appropriate to record daily and monthly financial transactions and ensure reconciliation of daily cash activity and monthly general ledger accounts.
- Work with the primary contact for external auditors and prepare audit support schedules.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to operate in various jurisdictions and/or States.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Recommend, develop, and maintain financial databases and computer software systems.
- Train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Proficient with computers and accounting software programs. Microsoft Office Suite: Strong experience in Excel.
- Viewpoint Vista and B2W software experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5 plus years of related accounting experience.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
Successful completion of the CPA exam is preferred, not required.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.