Ft Lupton, CO or Centennial, CO or Colorado Springs, CO
Description of Responsibilities:
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue. Performs all duties associated with laying pipe, working with other members of the construction crew to successfully complete projects within specifications and in a quality manner to meet or exceed customer expectations. Maintaining the work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly manner on a continuous basis. Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisors, lay out the job, and work efficiently with the materials and tools required for the job.
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Rigging pipe for hoisting
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- OSHA safety training and a current First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Work requires the ability to lift 50 to 75 pounds independently and be able to perform physical labor up to 10 hours a day.
- Work requires the ability to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force frequently. Also requires frequent bending, squatting, standing, reaching, climbing, kneeling, stooping, crawling, and sitting.
- Material and Equipment Directly Used: Must be able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment such as computers, forklifts, power tools, and hand tools.